Wednesday 11 February 2009

A bit about me....and those Simon F***ING Cowell types!!

Hi there and Welcome,

Like many of you out there I was unfortunate enough to miss the sixties, being born in the eighties (the dreary, awful, plastic 80's) didn't help that, but from a very young age I've always been so drawn to it , I mean I love to play Guitar, I love Art, I love Photography and I love Music and personally I don't think you'll find or there will be a more creative period in which to draw that 'free thinking' inspiration from.

Music back then for example seemed to have a completely different purpose to what it has today, it was more about expression and creativity and not being afraid to try something new, you know break the regular mould of things. Unlike today were it seems to be about making vast amounts of cash at the expense of the younger generation, who lets face it have been fed crap (pardon the term) for a good few decades and wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a talented, dedicated Musician and an Ironing Board, I mean how else does Simon Cowell and others like him continually get away with draining the life blood of the nation with that 'X-Factor' dribble and other rubbish like it?

For sure not all of today's generation are 'talentless know nothings', and that's the truly infuriating aspect of today's money, media, money, media bullcrap. There is truly talented people around in this world, I mean how many times have you seen amazing acts performing in some little old dingy bar being paid peanuts for all their years & years of hard work and dedication?! And thanks to people like Cowell that's exactly where they'll stay, while talent less robots perform and cry on 'X-factor' and 'American idol' receiving mass exposure and record deals! Yep gets my back up too!

I believe education is the key, the masses of today need educating about the real thing so that they can regurgitate up all the bullcrap they're been fed for so long by people like Simon Cowell and their Money, Money, Media Machines!!

I just hope it happens soon! All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to comment on this statement please feel free.